Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cocoa Beach 2009

We were able to take a little mini vacation this past weekend to Cocoa Beach and it was a great getaway for us as a family. We went with my parents and sisters and all really enjoyed each others company. Thank you SO MUCH Mom and Dad for giving us this weekend, it was much needed and we appreciate it more than you know!

One of the evenings we were there we went to dinner at Sonny's and then went to Cocoa Beach Pier. I have to say I really miss enjoying the sunsets from the other coast but we still enjoyed it! We took some pretty good photos that night on the pier and the kids had a blast running up and down the pier and playing in the ocean under it.

When we left we saw this photo opportunity. Check out my surfer kids! :)


Playing on the beach. Again, SO different from the West Coast! Emma couldn't understand why there weren't any seashells to find! Although she did enjoy the body-boarding with her Mommy and Aunts!


Before we left Lakeland I bought Ethan a package of big boy underwear to put on under his swim trunks, I figured it was much cheaper than buying a whole package of swim diapers and I could use them later on when he decided to potty train. We put them on him up in the hotel room and he ran over to the closet with the mirrors and laughed at himself for a good 3 minutes, just checking himself out! Ethan also LOVES the pool and had a great time playing with his Daddy in the water, his most favorite thing to say to Alex after he gets thrown in the air or spun in the water is "gen, gen, gen" which translated means "again"! I have some videos that I will post later today or tomorrow when I have a chance to edit them some.
We went for a walk on the beach our last night and Emma finally found a shell, but of course it was a home to some little creature so we didn't keep it, oh well. Ethan loves to drink "coke", anything carbonated is coke to him and on this particular night he got my orange soda and carried it down the beach with him drinking it and spilling it all down his tummy.

Alex and I have been working with Emma on swimming lately and last week before we left for vacation I went to Target and bought her some goggles thinking it might help her with rubbing her eyes so much in the pool. WHAT A DIFFERENCE IT MADE! She can swim like a pro now, and you pretty much have to peel the goggles off of her! I have some videos I will post later to show her in action! We are so proud of her for learning to swim this summer.



Our trip was a 3 day weekend (Friday-Sunday) and apparently it wasn't quite long enough for Emma. On Monday when I was trying to get laundry started and get everything unpacked I found Emma walking down the hallway towards me with her suitcase, Alex's flip flop's, and his hat, she told me "Mommy, I'm going back to Cocoa.....see you later!"

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home