BEST Mothers Day Present EVER!!!!!
I have to post this tonight to make sure that it gets time stamped with today's date. Emma asked Jesus to come into her heart tonight! I am SO EXCITED!
We were on our way home from running some errands and she was talking to us in the car like she always does and out of the blue she asked Alex and I "How do I get to Heaven to be with Jesus?" We have been talking about this a lot lately during nightly devotions and of course with Easter just being here last month we also talked about it, so we told her again. Jesus came to die on the cross for you to forgive you of your sins, Jesus loves you very much and he wants to live in your heart and be with you forever, you just have to ask him. Alex told her that whenever she was ready to pray and ask Jesus to live in her heart that we would help her. Emma thought about it for a second and then goes "I'm ready now Daddy". So Alex and I prayed with her in the car on the way home. I will post the prayer now so that I will never forget those little words coming out of my sweet Emma's mouth. Such amazing faith, Faith like a child.
"Jesus, I Love you"
"Please forgive me of my sins"
"Please Help me to be a good Girl"
"Especially to obey Mommy and Daddy"
"Please come into my heart"
"I LOVE YOU JESUS! THANK YOU FOR COMING INTO MY HEART"
To say that Alex and I are thrilled is a complete understatement! For the moment we will not push baptism until she is older and ready to make that decision for herself, but as a Mommy I am so incredibly proud of Emma and absolutely believe that not only is she my daughter but she is also now my sister in Christ. I have prayed for this day since before she was born and I am so thankful that she is now part of a much bigger family in Christ!
The Bible says in Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."
We were on our way home from running some errands and she was talking to us in the car like she always does and out of the blue she asked Alex and I "How do I get to Heaven to be with Jesus?" We have been talking about this a lot lately during nightly devotions and of course with Easter just being here last month we also talked about it, so we told her again. Jesus came to die on the cross for you to forgive you of your sins, Jesus loves you very much and he wants to live in your heart and be with you forever, you just have to ask him. Alex told her that whenever she was ready to pray and ask Jesus to live in her heart that we would help her. Emma thought about it for a second and then goes "I'm ready now Daddy". So Alex and I prayed with her in the car on the way home. I will post the prayer now so that I will never forget those little words coming out of my sweet Emma's mouth. Such amazing faith, Faith like a child.
"Jesus, I Love you"
"Please forgive me of my sins"
"Please Help me to be a good Girl"
"Especially to obey Mommy and Daddy"
"Please come into my heart"
"I LOVE YOU JESUS! THANK YOU FOR COMING INTO MY HEART"
To say that Alex and I are thrilled is a complete understatement! For the moment we will not push baptism until she is older and ready to make that decision for herself, but as a Mommy I am so incredibly proud of Emma and absolutely believe that not only is she my daughter but she is also now my sister in Christ. I have prayed for this day since before she was born and I am so thankful that she is now part of a much bigger family in Christ!
The Bible says in Matthew 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home