Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm a Big Kid Now!

I should have posted this long before now for scrapbooking purposes for the date stamp but didn't! So now I'm looking back at the calendar.....Ethan slept in his big boy bed for the first time on Saturday night, April 4th. I'm only a month behind! Thanks to Gigi & Pop Pop who gave Emma a brand new big girl bed, Ethan got Emma's twin size bed. I put up the side rail and we did our normal nightly routine of prayer time and devotions and little dude crawled right up there with his Humpty and went to sleep like such a big boy! I put the baby gate in his door because I wasn't sure how he would do in the middle of the night, but he slept all night long and the next morning woke up and was standing at the gate with his Humpty calling me.... "Momeeeeee"! As if to say, I'm up! Come let me out! He absolutely loves his new bed and sometimes if he's really tired before I lay him down for a nap he'll go back to his room all by himself and lay down with his Humpty and call me - "Mommy, Nap, Nap".


Here's a picture of Emma in her new big girl bed. She looks so tiny it this big bed! :) We had just painted her room and had all the furniture outside being painted so when this pic was taken she was just on the mattress and boxsprings.


Here's the finished dresser!

And here's Emma's finished room! Isn't so cute and girlie! She loves it, especially since she got to pick out the paint color all by herself.

Our next project is Ethan's room. We already have the paint and should be getting his room finished within the next couple of weeks. It will be cars/trucks themed, as soon as I have pics I'll post them.

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

so cute, your kids are getting big! Where does the time go?
I was looking at an album last night and emma was a baby. Of course, Charles wasn't even born yet. Seriously, time needs to stand still.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Aimee said...

What color do you ahev for Ethan's room?

3:13 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

We are going to do a shelve around the entire room out of wood, the top and ceiling of the room is a blue, and below the shelve is tan. We are doing Cars, Trucks, Trains, Planes themed, mostly cars and trucks though as that is what he is into now. We will NOT start on his room until my grout it done though! :)

6:49 AM  
Blogger Superchikk said...

Love it! I can't believe Ethan is already in a big boy bed. I don't think C is anywhere close to ready for that yet. Actually, I'm the one who's not ready for that yet!

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home