Christmas Eve
Christmas Eve day was spent running around with the kids trying to pick up our last minute gifts, wrapping paper, and yeah I made the joyful mistake of needing "just one more thing" at Publix, on Christmas Eve....can we say madhouse? We made it out alive thank goodness! Headed home and the kids took a nap (although they could hardly contain their excitement knowing that we would be heading to Nana & Papa's house that night!) and while they slept I worked on some of my dishes that were to be taken to both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinner.
We headed to Mom & Dad's around 6:00 PM and I dropped the kids off, then I went to Lowes to pick up Alex from work (yes, we are still doing the one car thing). We went back to Mom & Dad's and had dinner. Mom decided to fix something non-traditional this year so we had Shrimp, Fish, and Chicken (for the non seafood eaters i.e. Alex & Ethan) with all the fixings. It was really good, but we had SO much food left over it was rediculous, I think Mom may have overjudged on what we would all eat!
Ashley with our "brother" Caleb. I have to say we've all enjoyed having him around this past year, Ethan absolutely loves him.
April & Jenny. This is a great photo! You guys grew up best friends and I love seeing how as we all grow into adults we can still be that way.
Grandma & Grandpa Brooks. Don't they look awesome matching! I love these two so much, they have always been there to help with anything we could ask for and they love us all so much.
Momma and me! I def take after my Daddy - you can hardly see we are even related! It's been such a joy to "grow up" and not only have Mom as my mother but also my friend.
Uncle Randy, Aunt Val, Grandpa, Grandma, Caleb, Kaley, and KristinI have to admit this is one cool toy and he LOVES it!
After Dinner and Presents we headed home to our house. Alex got on the computer with Emma and Ethan and showed them the Santa Radar. They thought that was just about the coolest thing ever, then they remembered Santa wouldn't come until they were asleep so they were begging to hurry and make the cookies and milk so they could go to bed. My children were begging to go to bed? That only happens once a year!
So we made Santa some fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home