Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Walt Disney World 2010 - Part Four

We got back to Magic Kingdom literally JUSt in time to catch the Electric Lights Parade. We didn't have a great spot so Alex being the awesome Daddy that he is, did a double team with Emma and Ethan so they could have a great view!


This is one of those photos I'm sure I'll treasure forever.
Nothing better than being on Daddy's shoulders to see the parade!

After the parade we headed down Mainstreet to get a great spot for the fireworks show at 9:00 PM, we also got to see Tinkerbell fly which made Emma's night! We had a great view of Cinderella's Castle and it was really cool to see it change so many colors in time to the music. The park closed at 9:00 PM but Disney has a special program called Extra Magic Hours, where as a Disney Resort guests you get extra time in the park from other guests! So we got to stay from 9 to midnight and it was much less crowded! It was awesome!

We attended the Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. It was fun for me and Alex to take the kids on all the Magic Kingdom "classics" but it was also really neat to be able to experience all the new (to us) shows/rides as well! I have to give Disney kudos for this show as every time the show caters to it's audience. While waiting for the show to begin you had the opportunity to text in jokes, so Alex sent in Emma's classic right now: "Why did the chicken cross the playground? To get to the other slide!" HA! But when the joke was told during the show they announced that Emma and Ethan sent it it which was pretty cool that theirs got picked! :)
"Cheese" at the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor

Speaking of Classics, we had to take a ride (or two!) on the Speedway! The kids were even tall enough to drive (with us in the car with them) and they thought that was just too cool!

Emma taking her Daddy out for a spin! Wow, this is just funny to see and even think about, beacuse her actually taking her Daddy out for a drive will be here way too soon!

Both Emma and Ethan got official Speedway Pass Driver's Licenses! Emma was proud of hers, and surprisingly was a very good driver!

I almost had to drag Alex on this one, but It's A Small World brings back fond memories for me as a child! It's one of the attractions that I always will remember! Emma was enthralled by all the dancers and dolls!

Ethan got the special treat of meeting Donald Duck! We were headed for a bathroom break and happened to see Donald with hardly no line at all! We ran over and Ethan got his picture with Donald! Made his night!

Our last ride of the evening was to hit up Aladdin's Magic Carpets. It was just starting to mist and it was almost midnight but we caught one of the last rides! Not only did we get wet from the misting rain, but also from the spitting camel!

I have No idea of Emma and Alex's faces in this one, but I just couldn't resist! It's the only photo I have of them on this ride and as it was the close of an awesome day I just couldn't resist! After the Magic Carpets we headed to the front of the park, caught the bus to our resort and then crashed! It was a day full of making fun memories together as a family, and I will never forget Emma and Ethan's first trip to Walt Disney World!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home