Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Changes

This post is more for me than anyone, because I'm praying that one day soon I'll be wanting to use it in a new baby album! Yes, I said baby album. So much has happened over the past two years, especially in regards to my heart condition, but Alex and I have never really accepted the fact that we should be "done" having children. We had always talked about having 3 or 4 and while we love Emma and Ethan with all our hearts, we just feel like we aren't quite complete yet! We had a meeting with Dr. Lopez, my cardiologist 2 weeks ago and discussed the possibilities (if any) of pregnancy and childbirth with my SVT. To our surprise and delight he said "go for it!" Now obviously there are several logistics that need to be worked out, I have since weened off of my meds and will need to take a 6 week time period of seeing how I feel, if I have any SVT episodes, and also to allow the Beta Blockers that I was on to filter out of my Liver. But if all goes well, and Dr. Lopez doesn't seem to think there will be any issues, then we will hopefully be pregnant sometime this coming Sprint or early Summer! Praise God! What an answer to prayer! We are super excited, and also at the same time I find myself thinking I'm a bit crazed - Emma and Ethan are already past the "baby stage" and potty trained and all that jazz, but I just can't help but wanting to start over again! Besides, the kids will be old enough this time around to actually appreciate the pregnancy and a new baby, not to mention being able to help out once the new baby arrives.




So needless to say Alex and I have been talking and praying A LOT about this whole new adventure for our family, trying to make sure the timing is right and as much as possible be fiscally responsible! We thought we had been keeping it under wraps, but apparently NOT, since Emma and Ethan must have overheard us talking about a baby. Emma and Ethan surprising both want a boy (as if they have a say!), Ethan especially wants a "baby brudder". We've been throwing names around, we really want to stick with the "E" that we have going, a few we like are Elliana, Elijah, Esther, Emmett. I think Alex and I are partial to Elijah Andrew or Elliana Grace but who knows, we'll see what happens.




One thing I absolutely want to remember is this whole thing about babies and where they come from! Emma has been asking a LOT of questions. She keeps saying that she doesn't want me to get married again! We keep explaining to her that I dont' have to get married again for us to have a baby, but we would just pray and ask God to give us another baby and it would grow in my tummy. Of course then she wants to know how the baby gets out! Which for now we explain that Mommy would just go to the hospital and the doctor's help take it out. How? They just take it out! And then Ethan has to pipe up the other night, I laughed so hard, but it was SO adorable. We were all laying in bed together watching the Biggest Looser and Ethan leaned over and asked me "Momma, can we go to the store tomorrow?" I said for what? He goes, "We need to go to the baby store, I want a baby brudder tomorrow"! LOL! Oh the minds of children and how they try and think things through!




So to say we are excited is an understatement! We will have to wait and see on God's timing but are hoping first of next year sometime will bring an addition to the Hanke family! Alex and I will be thrilled to add another child to our family, and I'm pretty sure Emma and Ethan will make a great big sister and big brother!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home