Fun with Nana
I got an email with a one day free ticket to Sea World just because we are passport members so we called Nana and asked if she'd like to spend the day with us. Alex was working and it was a really fun day spent with my Mom & the kids. Emma and Ethan were so funny, they had found some maps from one of our previous trips and had "marked" them all up with everything they wanted to take Nana to see...they had a full day planned for all of us!
We got up and left Lakeland right at 8:00 AM so we could be the first ones in the park, and I think we literally were the first ones in! It was so nice, the park wasn't crowded at all that day! There was not even a wait to see Shamu and take a picture!
Ethan wanted a picture with the Polar Bear and it turned out so good!
Wild Arctic was one of the top things on Emma and Ethan's list! They showed Nana the Polar Bears, Baluga Whales, and Walrus'. They also got to play in the bear cave with Nana!
My mom is such a good sport! We went to Shamu's Happy Harbor (with intentions of playing in the water but it was closed - again) and Nana went up on all the climbing ropes with Emma and Ethan!
and then she talked Emma into riding her VERY FIRST Roller Coaster! I couldn't believe she agreed, since I've only been trying to ask her to ride this with me since like January! Oh well, it's a fun memory they will both share together! Emma LOVED it, they rode it twice!
Of course we love all the animals but the shows at Sea World are pretty spectacular as well. We took Nana to one of the kids favorites the "Dragon Show" aka Allure. It's an acrobatic show and it's pretty cool, it follows a story line which the kids kept ruining for Mom and telling her what was about to happen!
and again since it wasn't crowded we not only got amazing seats but we got pics with the performers after the show!
Manta Aquarium. Emma and Ethan made Nana get inside with them for a photo op!
This photo just makes me laugh all over again! The kids have been begging to feed the Stingrays all summer long so I thought it would be a fun thing to do with Nana...I bought the fish and told them to go for it while I held the camera. Let's just say Mom wasn't too happy about the whole ordeal as apparently the stingrays had been in starvation mode and were practically jumping out of the pool to get to the fish...they were all soaked by the time they were done! LOL!
As if riding the "kiddie" Roller Coaster wasn't enough Nana asked Emma if she would like to ride Atlantis. They decided to just go "check and see if she was tall enough" but they didn't come back! Next thing I know Mom and Emma are coming down the huge waterfall screaming and laughing together! I was able to grab the camera out of the bag and snap this picture as they came around the corner. Emma has her arms in the air yelling at me "Mommy that wasn't so bad!"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home