Tuesday, September 29, 2009

"Experience"

So as the previous post stated the kids had their immunization visits with Dr. Enlow on Thursday. Knowing beforehand that it would not be the most fun of visits, and also being the good Mommy that I am, I planned for a morning of fun afterwards (you know, before the dreaded immunization fever and general crudiness would set in).  I had high and mighty plans I did....had promised the kids a trip to Backyard Adventures (yes, Angela this is where your wisdom beyond years comes in....as you always say "don't tell them until you get there"...but I am too much of a kid myself and at times cannot even contain my own excitement!) and after all the tears had ceased at Dr. Enlows office and everyone was calmed down away we went. Only to get to the parking lot of Backyard Adventures to find a very rude employee outside smoking a cigarette and informing me with no compassion at all that "we are not open for free play until 2:00 PM, but if you would like to come in and book a party you can". WHAT?!? I was furious...what kind of childs bouncy house pays an employee to be present beginning at 9:00 am in the morning but you cannot actually use the facility until 2:00 PM, well unless of course you "book a party"?? So I guess even though they have a "toddler area" they cater to school aged children and do not care anything about my 2 and 3 year old who were just traumatized after getting 4 and 2 shots respectively.

So on to plan B....frantically thinking.....what can we do other than the park (which really isn't "special"), Alex was with us and suggests Chuck E Cheese.....Emma was okay with that, but Ethan was still sobbing in his carseat and repeating "jumpy, jumpy, jumpy" over and over again. We drive back accross town to our end of the world and after all the drama we actually had an enjoyable time. My friend Katie and her Ethan joined us and the kids had fun running around with each other. Here are a few pics of the kids as they played the games.


This is Ethan's favorite ride, the Choo Train.

Emma's face here is PRICELESS, she is on the "roller coaster" and it was hilarious watching her ride it.

The two Ethans! It's always interesting when we get together with Katie and Steve because both of our boys have the same name! Ethan and Little E are on the spaceship ride and were totally enthralled.

....I'm still waiting for a reply to the email I sent to Backyard Adventures informing them of our "experience" with their employee and also the fact that I would be very appreciative if they would cater a little more to the toddler/preschoolers of Lakeland as well.....I'll be sure to let you know if and when I get a reply!

 Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

So sorry you couldn't go on the jumpy! I think Family Fun Center has a jump house though. Looks like they had a good time anyway.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Mandy said...

I'll have to check that out. I always forget about Family Fun Center.

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home