Friday, September 25, 2009

Duck Lake

So it's only been a month since I've last posted right? I get behind so fast and Emma and Ethan are growing even faster! I sit here and look at these photos and think of all the times we've taken both Emma and Ethan to the lake....first as tiny babies...and now, well, now I have to make sure they don't try and jump in while they wildly chase the ducks around the lake!

We've had a few issues with Alex's truck not being very reliable these days and since I have Khloe most days we just stay home....however with a 3 year old and very soon to be 2 year old we can get cooped up VERY fast! You can only swim in the pool, and swing on the swings in the backyard so much before going stir crazy! So last Wednesday me and the kids had the car for the day and didn't have Khloe so off to the Lake we went for a picnic. We picked up Aunt Kaley on the way and really had a great time together. Emma and Ethan fed the ducks 2 whole loaves of bread and Ethan wanted more! They found feathers, looked for turtles in the fenced areas, and all around had a wonderful time....fall is SLOWLY coming and I can't wait for milder weather so we can begin enjoying this tradition even more!

I absolutely cannot resist posting this photo and telling the story that goes along with it! Aunt Kaley (my little sis...well, I say little, she'll be 16 this Sunday!) is DEATHLY afraid of Geese, in all reality she's not that fond of ducks in general...I think it may all go back to when we were little and she and my cousin were chased by a pack of geese and he was bitten on the butt (but that's a whole different story!). I absolutely died laughing at Kaley the entire time we were at the lake, she could hardly eat her lunch without nervously watching as all the ducks started coming towards us, then she kept walking away every time me and the kids would get a large group of them around us! I will say there was one particular swan that was more aggressive than normal but I kept telling Kaley....you are bigger than they are! Anyways, we finished feeding the ducks, geese and swan all the bread we had and then went for a walk, we got halfway around the lake and the large pack of geese (which Kaley DOES NOT like) swam as a pack and started up to the shore....Kaley takes off and Emma and Ethan are screaming and running with her...I was able to catch this photo...and No, it is NOT staged! Ha ha...oh Kaley....we love you! Thanks for going with us, it made for a memorable and interesting picnic lunch!

Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home