Friday, July 4, 2008

8 Months Old

Wow. Already another month has flown by....Ethan is 8 months old today and continuing to amaze me with new things every day. I swear Emma didn't grow up this fast! We went to the Dr. yesterday morning and poor little buddy really was out of sorts, he has an ear infection in both ears, is very close to cutting his top two teeth, and he has croup. No wonder we had such a bad night Wednesday night. Last night was a little better as he is on antibiotics as well as drops for pain for his ears. At least we got some rest, much more than the hour he and I slept the night before. I'm sure in a few more days the meds will clear up the infection and dry up the cold and maybe, just maybe our household will be back to normal, whatever that is! :) Although I must say for being such a sick little boy he is just too cute!

He weighed in yesterday at 20 lbs, 7 oz. Before getting sick he was doing pretty well as far as staying in his crib for the night (hopefully we'll get back to that soon). Ethan is also becoming quite the little explorer, he is constantly walking along furniture and trying to climb on/in things, he LOVES trying to get into the dishwasher when I'm loading or unloading it, and he has recently found the pots & pans in the cabinets which much to his delight make a LOT of noise on the tile floors! :) Just within the last 2-3 days he has started letting go of the furniture and standing on his own for several seconds at a time. So many milestones in such little time! I laugh when I read my baby book that says "Your baby should be able to roll both ways and begin sitting up within the next few weeks" YEAH RIGHT! My "Baby" is a little monkey and will soon be walking. Emma and Ethan are actually starting to play together these days and enjoy each others company, Ethan thinks Emma is just hilarious and they really do love each other so much. Every morning when Emma wakes up she has to find her brother to give him hugs and kisses. I love my kids so much and it is so enjoyable to watch them as they grow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home