Thursday, June 12, 2008

Praise God!

Isabella came through her surgery like a little trooper! Emma, Ethan and I went to Orlando today to keep Charles (Isabella's big brother) and we enjoyed playing with him and keeping him company while his little sis was having her surgery. I am going to copy and paste the details from Angela's blog http://hanke-family.blogspot.com/ on little Isabella's surgery:

"Her surgery was the best outcome we could have asked for. She went in at 1:30pm and came out about 3:15pm. The doctor went in at her belly button (she can still wear bikinis) took out her appendix and did two biopsies. They determined that there was a short segment of diseased intestines. She has a colostomy and will have another surgery to remove the diseased intestines in about 8 months.We haven't been this happy since Friday. We are praying now for a quick recovery. She needs to start using her colostomy properly before she can eat. Then she can eat. It will be a slow process measuring how much goes in and comes out."

I will try to post some updated pictures tomorrow. For now I thank all of you who joined us in prayer today! Please continue to pray for Isabella's recovery and that she will be able to go home very, very soon. I am going to take a shower and hit the bed for now, keeping 4 little toddlers today was quite the task and I'm exhausted! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Thank you for everything you and Alex have done this week. We appreciate all your prayers and kind words. Charles had so much fun playing with the kids too. We look forward to a relatively quiet week and can't wait till Isabella can come home.
I love the new design too. :-)

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home