Why YES! We are still alive!
I've been dreading this post for quite sometime and I suppose that I have put it off long enough....honestly if I wasn't SO far behind in my traditional scrapbooking I would probably just throw this whole blog thing out the window...but alas, this is supposed to be my "scrapbook" whenever it actually gets printed off in beautiful bound books one year at a time!
To say we've been busy is the understatement of a lifetime! I got "behind" because we all got the death flu of 2011 in February, and then from there just kept telling myself that I would get around to catching up...yeah well today is May 23rd, so that didn't happen very well did it?!?!?
I'm trying to think of our "highlights" over almost the past 6 months. It's so hard for me to even sum it all up. Words that come to mind are Blessed, Humbled, In AWE of God! We are at such a place of rest and contentment in our lives right now that I honestly find myself just waiting for a storm to come. I'm slowly learning that I need to be content and thankful for the amazing journey that God has brought us on. Not that I say we've done it on our own, but Alex and I (more Alex than me!) have worked our rear's off for the past 8 years, Alex always having multiple jobs and always seeming just one paycheck away from being "caught up". God has blessed that hard work and in the last 2 months our lives and finances have been turned upside down for the better! Alex is now the Assistant Store Manager at the Lowes in Zephyrhills, which has been quite the step up in pay. We have finally been able to get a second vehicle and are no longer the one car family! Our future is looking incredible and we are so greatful for the unexpected journey that God is allowing us to follow. So in an attempt to keep up to date on this blog for my own journaling purposes as well as to keep our family and friends who live out of town informed of all that's going on in the Hanke Household - well, I'm back! :)
But seeing as I need to keep this thing up for my own benefit (i.e. blog printed books) I also have other motivations since two different sets of very dear friends are moving! :( Yes, we are sad that we are loosing both the Rippy's as well as the Smith's in a month's time. But excited for them as they move to Maine, and North Carolina respectively and as they move on with their lives as God has blessed them with greater opportunities. So here we are, Monday, May 23rd and I am going to attempt to catch up - which means going back to the last post I have on this thing - December 27th! YIKES. Tall order to fill. But I can do it! Right?
So yall just bear with me as I attempt to get caught up...you will be seeing a LOT of postings over the next few weeks!
To say we've been busy is the understatement of a lifetime! I got "behind" because we all got the death flu of 2011 in February, and then from there just kept telling myself that I would get around to catching up...yeah well today is May 23rd, so that didn't happen very well did it?!?!?
I'm trying to think of our "highlights" over almost the past 6 months. It's so hard for me to even sum it all up. Words that come to mind are Blessed, Humbled, In AWE of God! We are at such a place of rest and contentment in our lives right now that I honestly find myself just waiting for a storm to come. I'm slowly learning that I need to be content and thankful for the amazing journey that God has brought us on. Not that I say we've done it on our own, but Alex and I (more Alex than me!) have worked our rear's off for the past 8 years, Alex always having multiple jobs and always seeming just one paycheck away from being "caught up". God has blessed that hard work and in the last 2 months our lives and finances have been turned upside down for the better! Alex is now the Assistant Store Manager at the Lowes in Zephyrhills, which has been quite the step up in pay. We have finally been able to get a second vehicle and are no longer the one car family! Our future is looking incredible and we are so greatful for the unexpected journey that God is allowing us to follow. So in an attempt to keep up to date on this blog for my own journaling purposes as well as to keep our family and friends who live out of town informed of all that's going on in the Hanke Household - well, I'm back! :)
But seeing as I need to keep this thing up for my own benefit (i.e. blog printed books) I also have other motivations since two different sets of very dear friends are moving! :( Yes, we are sad that we are loosing both the Rippy's as well as the Smith's in a month's time. But excited for them as they move to Maine, and North Carolina respectively and as they move on with their lives as God has blessed them with greater opportunities. So here we are, Monday, May 23rd and I am going to attempt to catch up - which means going back to the last post I have on this thing - December 27th! YIKES. Tall order to fill. But I can do it! Right?
So yall just bear with me as I attempt to get caught up...you will be seeing a LOT of postings over the next few weeks!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home