Growing...
Here's a follow up post from our gardening project. It's growing! We've had to fight with the grass and weeds quite a few times but I think we have it under control at this point. You can see in the collage below the succession of the growth. Emma and Ethan have really enjoyed wathing "their" garden grow, they help with the weeding and watering and always want to go outside to check on the progress everyday. It's been a great learning experience for the whole family.
Last week we even got to pick and eat our first produce! Emma and Ethan were just giddy with excitement when they realized the tomatoes were finally red enough to pick. I was able to show them how to be gentle and pick the tomatoes without damaging the plant. Then we all came inside and washed them off and took a taste test. Emma wasn't too wild about it, but Ethan took a few bites, they were really good tomatoes I thought! I know the kids will look forward more to the watermelon and green beans when they are ready!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home