Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Weekend Getaway!

Alex and I were FINALLY able to get away for the weekend for the first time in 3 years. It's been WAY overdue and we enjoyed ourselves so much. Nana, Papa, Jenny, Ashley and Kaley kept the kids for us while we were away, we were able to leave on Sunday afternoon after church and didn't return until Tuesday morning. We got over to Orlando around 2:00 and after a little shopping at the outlet malls we met Tyler and Krisia for a round of Putt Putt. It's been a while since I've done this, I think the last time was when Emma was only 6 months old and we all had a lot of fun.



Alex and I in front of Congo River Putt Putt



Some shots of us taking our shots! Krisia and I didn't do too well but the guys gave us props anyways, and no one ragged me too bad when I hit my ball all the way down the "mountain" and about 5 holes away...Alex had to go get it for me! :)



After Putt Putt, Alex and I went and checked into our room and Tyler and Krisia came along to change and get ready for dinner at Seasons 52. A nice guy who worked at the hotel offered to take this group shot and I'm so glad he did!



Seasons 52 is an amazing restaurant. It's all "contemporary" but healthy food, nothing on the menu is over 400 calories. We ordered these two appetizers to split, Goat Cheese Ravioli and Baked Chicken Flat Bread. Both of them were delicious but I seriously could have eaten a boatload of the ravioli it was WONDERFUL!



Alex and I at dinner. We sat out on the patio because the weather was so nice, the restaurant sits on a lake and it was beautiful. We even got to see Epcot's fireworks accross the lake while we ate!




After Dinner we took a photo opp by the fountain at the main entrance to the hotel. It was a great afternoon and evening with some of our best friends!




Alex and I in front of the fountain at the Hilton's Parc Soleil.



We had an amazing room at an amazing resort. It was so nice for Alex and I to just get away for a while and enjoy some time to ourselves. I did miss the kids ( I know, I"m a sap!) but it was really nice for me to just enjoy some relaxing without having to be "mommy" for a few days. Alex and I enjoyed our stay and checked out of the room on Monday morning at 10:00 am, went for some great breakfast at Chick Fil A (you just can't get better breakfast than there!) and then off for some shopping just the two of us. We hit Ikea, which I had been wanting to do without kids for a while, we found some great deals too! We also stopped at several of the shops at the outlet malls before grabbing some lunch and heading back to Lakeland. We watched some movies, had dinner, and then of course no couples weekend is complete without a little romantic grocery shopping at Walmart! HA! Hey, it had to be done people. We had so much fun together just shopping, laughing, talking, and hanging out. The next time we go "away" for the weekend will be much sooner than 3 years from now!

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

This is why I like blogging. Your pictures on facebook just don't tell the story like you can on a blog. Thanks for sharing your get away.
Next time you come to O-town bring the kids and we can keep them for you. All of them would have so much fun on a sleep over.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home