Christmas Decorating
Okay so you must know that Christmas Decorating in Florida almost always involves the wearing of shorts and t-shirts....and this year was no exception! We actually decorated the week before Thanksgiving this year...I know, I know some of you consider that a serious wrong doing, but in our own defense Alex was scheduled to work all weekend the week after (when we usually decorate) for all the Black Friday Sales.
Emma and Ethan are loving everything about Christmas this year and just as I suspected the decorating was quite an enjoyable experience for the both of them! They helped Daddy put the tree together and string all the lights while I tried to sort everything out of the boxes...for the last 4 years I have neatly packed away our Christmas stuff after Christmas and labeled each box carefully only to MOVE before the next Christmas! So I had to figure out where everything would look best in our "new" house.
Emma decorated her own tree this year, which of course was meant to go in her room, but it turned out to be too much of a temptation for her and Ethan at bedtime so we put it back out into the living room!
Emma and Ethan decided that they were quite litterally starving to death while we were right in the middle of decorations EVERYWHERE so I got out the old trusty goldfish, then I got tickled because they decided to use my "pretty" bowls which are a part of the Christmas table setting.
Emma and Ethan hanging the stocking ornaments they made last year.
Ethan helping Daddy put the star on the top of the tree.
Ethan couldn't quite reach it so Emma straightened it up for us!
And here is the finished decorations. We have always had White/Blue/Silver and Snowmen as our theme but this year Alex and I wanted to add a little bit more "traditional" colors to our house...we are starting with the tree in the Living Room and will slowly add to our collection (I forsee some after Christmas shopping happening this year!).


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home