Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas # 2 - Nana & Papa's

As previously posted we celebrated our first Christmas on December 6th with Grammie & Bates Open House. While Emma, Ethan and I were very sick it was nice to get out of the house and go to my parents on Christmas Day. Not that I wished it upon them but Kaley, Jenny, and Mom also had this bug that we had so we all spent a lovely Christmas Day coughing and running fevers together! :) We were supposed to go to Alex's parents house for lunch and opening presents for the afternoon but with all the cousins and Aunt Aimee being pregnant we decided since the kids we so contagious it would be better if we held off for a while. (We actually have yet to celebrate with them and have plans to do so on Thursday night, January 1st).
We didn't wake the kids up on Christmas morning since sleep was coming by pretty scarce those few days, but they woke up around 8:30 or so and we headed to Mom and Dad's by 9:00. Let's just say that Emma and Ethan scored big time...Santa left them plenty of wonderful toys and presents at Nana & Papa's. It was nice to see the kids having some fun for a change and it certainly brightened their day some to have so many nice things from Santa (aka Nana & Papa!). I pretty much stayed on the couch all day, Christmas day was the day I felt the worst, but I was very surprised and very excited that Mom and Dad bought Alex and I a new camera for Christmas. YAY! Now I can take pictures again and catch back up with blogging!

After we opened the gifts Alex cooked breakfast for us all. Sausage, Eggs, and Biscuits. Yummy. Emma and Ethan played with Papa for a while and then Alex went to his parents house to have Christmas lunch. He didn't want to leave us, and I'm sure it was weird to not be with us for lunch, but I told him he wasn't sick (at that point) so there was no sense in him missing out on the big meal and seeing his family for the day, besides the kids and I were completely wiped out at that point and were ready to take a nap.

Considering all things the day turned out pretty well. It's definitely the Christmas I would categorize as the "worst" but the kids are young enough that they won't remember being so sick and hopefully next year we will be able to enjoy the time with both families without any illnesses. On the up side, everyone is feeling back to normal now! PRAISE GOD! It's New Year's Eve today and tomorrow starts a whole new year with all new beginnings. I am praying that the kids will be sick MUCH LESS in 2009 and can't even begin to think about how much they will grow between now and this time next year. I'm sure it will be a busy year and will go by entirely too fast, yet it will be full of wonderful memories as well. Welcome 2009! We are ready!
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home