Saturday, December 27, 2008

Our Week

Wow. I'm not even sure I know where to begin! This has been the Christmas probably to "not" remember. It all started on Monday night when Emma suddenly came down with 103 degree fever. The kids have been sick off and on now for about 3 weeks but here I was thinking we had the worst behind us and Christmas was only 3 days away....boy was I wrong. Off to the Pediatrician's we went on Tuesday with both kids in tow (Ethan was still running a green nose and coughing) so I figured get them both checked out. Emma had Strep Throat and Ethan still had a nasty chest cold, an ear infection, and a pink throat so both kids got a shot that the Pediatrician assured me would knock whatever this was out before Christmas so we could enjoy our holiday. HA!

Yeah, so that didn't so much happen. Both kids were still running a fever on Christmas Eve so we had to call the Family and tell them we wouldn't be joining them for the festivities and low and behold I started coming down with whatever this bug was. Christmas day is not meant to be for laying around and feeling like a semi truck had drug you half way across the country! All the lack of sleep probably made me much worse than I could've been and I ended up making a trip to urgent care on Christmas night - bronchitis. I came home, we got the kids bathed and in their pj's and prayed the worst was behind us, Ethan SCREAMED all night Christmas night and ran a fever of 102. We got an apt. with the Pediatrician on call Friday morning at 11:30 am and come to find out little man has pneumonia. WHAT?! Lord knows how long he's been developing this...needless to say I'm none too happy with our primary pediatrician! We now have a nebulizer and have to give Ethan albuterol treatments 4X a day. Surprisingly he is doing as well as can be expected. The treatments take about 5 minutes or so for all the medication to do it's thing and he sits pretty well and tries to breath it in. He is also on antibiotics and a steroid to help calm his bronchial passages.

I'm doing much better with antibiotics, Emma is completely well and bless her heart is just about bored out of her mind since we've been cooped up in the house all week. I must say I haven't really noticed a change in Ethan yet, but I'm praying that he will get a good night's sleep tonight and wake up with a better day tomorrow. Alex on the other hand is coming down with a cold at this point, but hopefully it will stay just that, a cold, and nothing more.

I didn't really get that many pics this year. We did get to go to my parents on Christmas afternoon only because they were all also sick (Mom and Kaley also have pneumonia). The kids did get some wonderful things from Santa and it made their day a little brighter to be able to have some new toys to play with. Alex was able to still get Christmas dinner by going to his parents house for lunch while the kids and I napped at my mom and dad's. We still haven't been able to "do" Christmas with his family yet since the kids and I have been so contagious, and with Aunt Aimee being 9 months prego we didn't want her or Gabe to get whatever this nasty stuff is, but are hoping by tomorrow afternoon the kids will be feeling much better and we can all see what Santa left at Gigi and Pop Pop's house for us! :)

That's it for now. I'm mostly posting this for scrapbooking purposes, so one day when I look back at our album and can't figure out why there are no pictures from Christmas I'll remember this! Santa did bring me a new camera this year since ours died about 3 weeks ago so as soon as a get another free minute I'll upload some pics of the kids with their gifts and also of Ethan and his mask! :) I hope that everyone else had a very MERRY CHRISTMAS and I Pray that none of you guys get this stuff we've had over here at our house. For now I'm headed to bed, Ethan just dosed off about 30 minutes ago and I have to steal my sleep when I can.

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I sure hope next year is better for you. This year will probably be hard to beat as the worst Christmas so I think you're in the clear for better ones in the years to come.
I hope everyone is on the mends now. Have a Happy New Year!

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home