Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Ethan!

Has it been a year already? Where in the world has the time gone....as I sit here and create this post tonight (will actually post on his BDay) I think back to this night a year ago....I was in labor and I was so ready for Ethan to join our family. What a long day of labor it was.....this post will acutally post at his Birth Time on his Birthday!
Now it's been a year already, so many milestones reached, so many memories made! Our little man as I call him - he's growing so fast....Walking, running, climbing (ON EVERYTHING), saying a few words here and there. Ethan absolutely loves his Daddy and adores his sister. He's been saying Mommy and Daddy for a few months now but just recently started saying Emma....it's so cute because he will yell her name from accross the house calling her. Every day when Ethan hears the door unlock he will tear accross the house to the front door as fast as his little legs will carry him yelling "Dada" because he knows that Daddy is finally home from work. The other thing I love about my two kids right now is that they are actually playing with each other. Emma is very loving to Ethan (most of the time) and they are so cute when they are running around the house giggling with each other. I'm looking forward to the coming year with lots more milestones to reach and many more memories to be made!

We had Ethan's Birthday Party on Sunday afternoon. It was raining so everyone was crowded inside but it was a nice party and Ethan recieved many nice gifts! Thank you to everyone who came! We appreciate you helping us celebrate his special day....and missed those of you who couldn't come.
Emma is of course our little party animal and she and I decorated the house on Saturday night before going to bed. I knew if I left everything for Sunday with Church and all we would never be ready.....she was hilarious! Wanted to help with everything, and before I knew it she had grabbed a roll of the streamers and started decorating the table herself (look under the table). I of course left it, and on the day of the party she had to show everyone HER decorations! We also made Moon and Star cupcakes for Ethan's Space themed party and she had to help her Daddy ice them on Sunday afternoon.




And here's the BIRTHDAY BOY! Such a handsome little dude! He of course was totally oblivious to everythign that was going on...as Alex kept telling me "This party if for Momma"!....oh well. I will have the memories and be able to scrapbook in his baby book!



Opening gifts. Which he totally wanted nothing to do with, especially after the first gift was opened, he just wanted all the toys out of the boxes to play with! It was CRAZY opening the gifts, betweeen Emma, Gabe, and Charles who know how to actually open them and were desperately trying to get to the gifts since of course they are presents, and presents must be ripped open!



Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to ETHAN, Happy Birthday to YOU!

Yeah, he didn't do real well with the cake either...oh well.....but his big sissy sure did enjoy herself one of those star cakes she iced earlier in the day!

Happy Birthday big boy! Mommy, Daddy, & Emma love you SO MUCH!

Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Happy Birthday Ethan. We are so glad you are apart of the family. We look forward to watching you grow into a handsome godly man. Cheers!
Uncle A, Aunt A, Charles, Isabella

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home