The Chicken....."NO, it's a TURKEY!"
Well atcually it's a turkey, but try convincing Emma of this! This month is November and we have been learning of all things Thanksgiving - or at least "trying" to! I have been wanting to start doing crafts and story time with her every day and have been putting it off, until this week! I used to do all of this stuff when I worked at Moms Day Out at FBC so I have a TON of ideas stuck up in this brain of mine...I always knew one day it would come in handy with my own kids! So, this week we began craft day, which will probably be on Thursdays and obviously be while Ethan is taking his morning nap, it will be a fun time for me and Emma to just spend some time together and as much as she loves being creative I know she'll enjoy it, as long as I can get her to follow directions! Yesterday we began our craft time with a Thanksgiving Turkey. TOO CUTE! And I must say it was a fun experience for the both of us!
For any of you who would like the directions: Use a brown mitten and stuff with cotton balls. Have an adult turn in the ends (at the wrist) and hot glue together so that the cotton balls will stay inside and also so you have a flat surface to also hot glue to a piece of cardboard. Then use tacky glue and the kids can glue on googly eyes, a beak (cut a triangle out of yellow felt and fold in half), and a gobbler (cut a long skinny oval out of red felt) onto the front of the thumb. Then use craft feathers and the kids can stick the feathers into the other four fingers.
Emma was so proud of her "Chicken"....we'll work on that! Maybe by Thanksgiving she'll get it! Of course then we'll be eating turkey for lunch....hmmmm...that might not be the greatest of ideas! Uncle Aaron....YOU BE NICE! I don't want my daughter learning of Turkeys the way that Cailey did of Pigs and Cows!
The finished product! It will look great on the Table as deceration.


1 Comments:
What? I'm just honest with them.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home