New Library!
Well we are nearing the end of week three of our adventure in homeschooling and guess what?!?! Everyone is still enjoying the ride! Praise God! We have had so many milestones crossed already and I couldn't be more proud of my two little students (yes, I may be biased, and yes, I said two). Emma and Ethan are soaking up this stuff like little sponges!
This year we have joined Lighthouse Homeschoolers but we have been even more blessed to share in this journey with our friends the Kings. Lisa is homeschooling Robbie (also in Kindergarten) and also has Lucas who is the same age as Ethan. We have already been exchanging "teacher" ideas and comparing notes! LOL!
Another HUGE Blessing has been the fact that Lisa and I have some pretty awesome mentors in this crazy homeschooling world with Amy Skaggs and Christie Birchfield. It's sometimes nice to know someone has gone before you, and have people we can ask "um, are we doing this right?". Today Amy was so kind to take Lisa, Me, and our kiddos to the New Horizons Homeschool Library. It was AMAZING! I'm seriously not sure who was more excited the kids or the teachers? There are SO many resources available and a Christian environment that caters to homeschooling families...I'm quite sure we will become great friends with Mrs. Carol & Mrs. Sandra in the months and years to come!
Mrs. Carol Gilmore, The Librarian - was so kind and patient with all of the kids. She brought out her snake skin and bug collection, explaining and teaching them about each one. They even got to touch and hold some of the items!
AND they had some Butterfly and Chrysalis as well. Goes right along with us finishing up our unit on Butterflies and Moths. Next week we begin learning about Oceans & Sea Creatures and we will even be taking a trip to the Florida Aquarium!I am truly thankful for where God has placed us for such a time as this. It's amazing to see His provisions over and over and it's always encouraging to have such Godly, Christian women to have alongside me as I try and to the best I can to raise and teach Emma and Ethan in the best way possible.
Labels: Friends, Homeschooling, Library

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home