Monday, January 4, 2010

2009 - Christmas Morning at Home


As promised from the previous post I will share our "events" from Christmas Eve night. We got home from my parents house around 10:30 PM and Alex I thought the kids would be exhausted and go right to sleep for us. So we set out Chocolate Covered Pretzels (figured Santa needed some variety in his life!), Milk, and of course didn't forget the reindeer's carrots, and then it was off to read devotions and do prayer time with the kids. They were hyper...yeah that's the word to describe them. Alex and I explained to them that Santa would not come to our house until they were asleep, HOPING that would work. NOT! Emma FINALLY fell asleep at almost midnight. Needless to say Santa's "elves" were up late on Christmas Eve as the bikes couldn't be assembled nor the presents wrapped until all little people were asleep! Alex and I headed to bed around 12:45 am Christmas morning with all the presents wrapped and their bikes staged in front of the tree, the pretzels and milk were gone and the carrots had been very meticulously nibbled on! No sooner than our heads hit the pillow Emma comes tearing out of her room at 1:00 in the blessed AM and wanted to go to the living room to see what Santa had left for her. I was able to "intercept" her in the hallway and convinced her to come to Mommy and Daddy's room to sleep with us for just a little while....it took 2 HOURS to get the child to go back to sleep! She was SO excited, I just couldn't be mad, it was just too darn cute! Finally she was asleep between Alex and I and Ethan was snuggled down in his bed...until 4:00 AM when Ethan came to join us! :) Oh the joys!



Ethan woke up bright and early at 7:00 AM, sat straight up in bed and looked at me and said "Mommy, Did Santa come?" I of course told him "Yes"! and he proceeds to wake up his sister who didn't get much sleep the night before and was a bit of a slow starter! Once fully awake Alex and I were able to capture this video of the kids Christmas morning. It's so fun when they are so little and innocent and the magic of Christmas is still very much alive.



I know this video is a little long...but one day when my kids are grown it will be much cherished!


Ethan got his much wanted Motorcycle and Helmet!


Emma got her Big Girl Bike and helmet...too bad it was raining the kids couldn't really enjoy their new bikes, but they rode all around the kitchen and dining room Christmas morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home