Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hangin' in There.....

I know, I know....it's been TOO long since I've posted. But keeping 3 other children as well as my own with a total of 5 kids under the age of 3 it has been CRAZY around my house! Oh, and did I forget to mention that of the five, three of them are age 2 and two of them are 5 months. Yes, I said 5 months. Ethan and Noah are only 1 week apart.

I have been keeping Ryan for about two months or so and beginning last week I started keeping a friend of mines two kids, Elijah is 2 1/2 and Noah is 5 months. Emma loves having playmate, the three big kids (Emma, Elijah, & Ryan) love being outside so that's where we spend a lot of our day so they can play on the swing & slide. I usually put Ethan and Noah in the swing and bouncer seat and they are content to be out on the porch. Ethan and Noah also just think it's hilarious to have someone else little around. When I put them down on the blanket on the floor they both lunge at each other in attempts to crawl and swat at each others faces.

That alone has kept me busy and then on Sunday afternoon about 7:00 pm Emma started running a fever - of 103. Obviously I don't have any extra kids this week since I have sick babies myself but that makes for a rough week for everyone at our house. I took Emma to see Dr. Frates and she has yet another sinus infection. He has prescribed some strong antibiotic hoping it will kick it out but noticed that Emma's tonsils look a little on the "large" side as he told me. They are not currently inflamed or infected but with all the problems she's had over the last year with her sinuses he is going to watch her more closely in the coming months. If we get another sinus infection we will talk about the possibility of having her tonsils out. :(

And of course, for any of you with more than one child you know that it's impossible for only one of them to be sick at once, now Ethan has been getting very fussy today so I think he may be getting a little bit of a cold as well. Please PRAY that we make it through the next couple of days and that Emma and Ethan will begin feeling better very soon.

At the risk of writing a novel here.....I will give you an update on our job situation. Alex is still without one. Most of you know that he was laid off back in November from the transportation business and was able to get a temporary job with a friend from church for 4 months. Those 4 months ended last week and we are now at a place in our lives with ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES! :) I have to think of it that way or it's just too depressing. Actually he has several very good leads and we are just praying that God will open/close doors for us and that we will be sensitive enough to be listening very closely to his direction for our lives.

Also, on Sunday afternoon Alex will be attending an Open House at Full Sail University in Orlando. This is one of those DREAM BIG kinda things in our lives. Alex has always wanted to attend but with finances being the way they have been we've always thought it was completely out of reach. At this point in our lives we are at a point where we figure we have absolutely nothing to loose. It would be the chance of a lifetime for Alex to attend and it would change our lives forever for the better if it worked out. We both know that the year and a half it would take to complete the Bachelors Degree in Science would be a tough one for us as a family but it would also be well worth the hard work put in. We are praying for guidance and direction. I know this sounds very "cliche" but we are believing that if it's meant to be then we will absolutely have a peace about it. There are many unanswered questions.......The verses we stand on lately are this:
Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
So, we keep on Dreaming, Desiring, and Trusting......................

1 Comments:

Blogger The Szlezak Family said...

Knowing that God can make His dreams for you come true is the key. He does know your heart and He will continue to reveal things to you as long as you lean on Him!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home