Friday, January 5, 2007

Happy New Year!

Wow. I can't believe that 2007 is already here. This past year has flown by so fast...I remember this time last year Alex and I were anxiously awaiting Emma's arrival into our lives and now she is already 9 1/2 months old! How a year changes everything. And to think our precious baby will celebrate her first birthday in less than 3 months...





Anyways. Emma is growing fast. I took her for her 9 month check-up last week and she is 29 1/4 " long and she weighs 23 lbs 6 oz! She is crawling like a pro and can disappear in an instant, constantly getting into things that she isn't supposed to have. Emma is also learning a few words, she can say "Dada", "boo", "go", and we are working on "Mama" which she will say sometimes. She can clap her hands, waive bye bye, and my most favorite thing of all is she now gives hugs and kisses! Emma can also dance! It is the cutest thing ever, whenever she hears music either from the radio, tv, or one of her toys she will start to sway back and forth, and if she is standing up she will also shake her little bootie! If I can ever figure out how to post a video on this thing I'll be sure to get that one up. I am constantly amazed at how smart she is and how much she seems to be learning on a daily basis.



The picture below is of Emma standing. She has been "cruising" along furniture for about a month and a half now, and lately she has been letting go and standing. The other night she stood and clapped at the same time! She'll be walking before we know it...





I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas and will continue to have a happy new year! Alex, Emma and I will be going on our ski vacation beginning January 13th so I will be sure to post pictures of that when we get home. Until next time...

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Charles loves Emma too. He now tries to laugh like Emma does. I hope Emma is feeling better, PopPop said she had a fever. Good thing there is snow in NM! We will be in Tenn and Kentucky while ya'll are gone. What will Gigi and PopPop do with out all of us!?!? Have fun and be SAFE!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home