The Terrible Two's???
I'm not sure if the title captures some of the things we've been going through around the Hanke household but I keep telling myself that one day I will look back on all of this and laugh. Emma is a mess! Two weeks ago I actually had to call the Poison Control center for the first time...Emma got into her Toddler Toothpase and used most of it as "lotion" and ate some of it as well. After calculating how much was left in the tube and then how much she weighed and after Mommy almost completely lost it on the phone with the operator we found out that she would be ok. Oh the things kids can get into in such a short amount of time! Needless to say I then went through the house and "child proofed" once again. Thinking I had gotten everything out of little hands reach....... the VERY NEXT DAY Emma climbed up onto Ethan's changing table......let me lead in by saying that Ethan has had a rash and I've been treating it with petroleum jelly and baby powder.....yes, you know what's coming next! Yup, she got into the tub of vaseline and proceeded to rub it all over the wall of Ethan's nursery, all over her arms & legs, and all over the changing table. But, it didn't end there, oh no, then she got the baby powder and shook it all over the room and of course you know it stuck to the vaseline! UGH! Can I let you know that this all took place in a matter of about 5 minutes, She was supposed to be watching a cartoon in Alex and my room but apparently that was a little too boring for her! First of all let me say that for anyone else who may one day have their child eat vaseline it is not harmful according to the pediatrician who actually laughed at me while I was telling him what had happened (I swear if she does anything else soon they are going to call child services on me thinking I'm negligent!) and secondly, vaseline DOES NOT COME OFF EASILY! I gave Emma 3 baths that evening and she was still a little grease bomb. In the midst of it all Alex managed to take some pictures which do not do the mess any justice but here you go.
Oh the little booger! She keeps us on our toes. I'm sure I'll have many more stories in the years to come and I'll be sure to tell these one day when she has kids of her own! :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home