Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Little About Clear Creek Baptist Bible College

I am trying to go back and post these entries "in order" but of course today's date is actually 4-24-12. The good thing about waiting this long to update the blog (only a month behind is pretty good for me people!) is that I have a lot more answers to some of the questions regarding our move!

Alex has officially been accepted as a student at CCBBC. This we could not be more excited (and a little nervous!) about. We are still blown away when we stop and actually think of the blessings of how his schooling and our housing will be paid for but we give all the glory to God on that one. Another small detail is that we have also been officially placed onto the "reserved" housing list...which means we do have housing in the fall...but we don't know when it will be available or which area we will be in yet...guess it's just another step of faith. I'm learning (SLOWLY) that I don't have to have all the answers up front, and God seems to be doing a pretty awesome job of making sure everything is being laid out just the way He wants it to be.

We aren't sure yet (because of housing) when the exact move date will be, but more than likely it will be the last week of July or very first few days of August. Orientation begins on August 7th and classes for the Fall semester begin on August 16th. We of course would like to get settled before school starts. As far as getting acclimated...well I'm told that you never really adjust to life in Pineville, Kentucky, but I'm quite certain it will be two years filled with stories and adventures to share!

I was able to take a ton of pictures of the campus while we were there. It is absolutely beautiful.


This is the view of the faculty and staff offices, as well as Library, Chapel, and student classrooms.


Sign out front with some of the single student housing and preschool located behind.


Kelly Hall. This is where the cafeteria and guest housing is located. We were able to stay here for the two nights we were on campus and are very thankful to Greg & Kay Jones for their amazing generosity that they have in running both the guest housing and cafeterie.


This is the first view of the campus as you turn off of 25E. 

Family Life Center - complete with indoor pool, volleyball, baskeball and gym. So even when it snows there is a place to hang out! :-)


This is just one of the many photos I took of Clear Creek. Somehow in my mind I thought it would be smaller, but everyone on campus kept telling us how low the water was because they had not had much snow or rain this winter. I guess little ole Florida girl me just thought a "creek" wouldn't be so gorgeous and wide. It's not a bad view from basically our future backyard tho!


This building is the student classrooms. I thought it was the chapel, but no its where all the classroms are located. Alex was actually able to sit in on a few classes while we were there and of course can't wait to be there full time.


A view of the Prayer Chapel which overlooks a small waterfall that runs down to the creak. 


I know this is the "last" picture in the post but I had to grab one of the sign you see just before you round the bend to see the actual campus. It's somewhat surreal that we will see this every day in just a little over 3 months time. We are definately ready to follow on this journey that God is placing before us as a family.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home